General Manager required for a very well-established, market leading decorative metalwork company.
Our client manufactures and supplies high quality decorative metalwork to architects, interior designers, the construction industries and private clients. Their metalwork graces an ever-increasing portfolio of the finest buildings and venues in the country. They are entering an exciting phase of expansion with the launch of several new products and services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, hard-working person to take charge of all production, estimation and logistics. There are experienced staff in place to assist logistics and estimation, however, an overall manager for the site is needed.
General Manager Role Overview:
* Communicate effectively with key clients in a wide range of industries - from architects and interior designers to home owners and contractors.
* Review clients' enquiries to determine and interpret their requirements from architects' drawings, construction packages, sketches, and written and verbal descriptions.
* Establish what is important and provide them with practical solutions that fulfil requirements through our standard processes.
* Consider all details, materials, components, processes, labour and timescales involved in each project.
* Obtain, calculate and compile costs and send accurate quotations on time. Follow them up to convert them into sales.
* Plan projects with precision to ensure our high-quality products are made accurately and on time, whilst maximising profit for the company.
* Co-ordinate office/admin staff, workshop staff, subcontractors and occasionally site inspectors and fitters around the estimating and production schedules to ensure estimation, sales and production run smoothly from the start to the finish of every order and project.
* Manage the production & planning of multiple projects concurrently, including small orders placed online and larger bespoke projects for public buildings.
* Motivate & monitor staff to ensure strict deadlines are met and productivity remains at the highest level.
* Analyse the effectiveness of our production methods and ordering processes to define and implement improvements to ensure production is as lean and effective as it can be, and always improving.
* Maintain high production and quality control standards
* Meet and exceed sales targets
* Liaise with the directors and other offsite administrations staff on updates to policy and processes, requests for information, the implementation of new systems and software, the introduction of new products and other efficiency and growth-related projects.
General Manager - About you:
* Experience in manufacturing and production
* Experience in a management / supervisory capacity
* Experience with various manufacturing operations, stock management, and logistics
* Proven track record of managing and training employees in productivity and safety
* Strong personality with effective communication, organisational, influencing and people-management skills
* Strong business/commercial acumen
General Manager - Desirable
* Experience in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing methodologies and principles
* Excellent knowledge of production management, tools and techniques
* Cad skills - not essential.
Please apply ASAP!
General Manager, Commercial Manager, Project Manager, Production Manager, Contracts Manager, Business Manager, Estimating & Production Manager, Metalwork, CAD